none
Biztalk Deployment Error: Application registration failed because the application already exists RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We worked with the Biztalk server and SQL Server installed in the same system. Our application worked fine. Due to memory constraints, we moved SQL Server in a seperate system. 

Biztalk is configured to access remote SQL Server & created host and host instances. When I deploy the Biztalk Projects, I am getting this error "Application registration failed because the application already exists"

Please help.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 8:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Lakshmi,

This error means that the application name you are using is already contained in the BizTalk Management Database. 

When you moved the SQL Server instance did you

1.) Unconfigure the BizTalk server.

2.) Uninstall SQL Server on BizTalk machine

3.) Install SQL Server on new(seperate) machine.

4.) Configure BizTalk on BizTalk machine - pointed to SQL Server instance on SQL Server machine.

5.) Deploy your application.

Multi-machine BizTalk installations require domain accounts.

The BizTalk install guide details installation steps for various configurations.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9C697E02-D1BC-4684-8748-28B3A292D5BF&displaylang=en&displaylang=en

Thanks,

William

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

We have not uninstalled the SQL Server on Biztalk machine. 

Configured Biztalk to point to remote SQL Server machine

Created all the User Groups also.

In the eventviewer, I am seeing the below errors:

Unable to communicate with MessageBox BizTalkMsgBoxDb on SQL Instance PA. Error Code: 0x8004d00e. Possible reasons include: 

1) The MessageBox is unavailable.

2) The network link from this machine to the MessageBox is down.

3) The DTC Configuration on either this local machine or the machine hosting this MessageBox is incorrect.

I changed the name of the application and tried deployment but still the same issue.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:16 AM
  • Hi Lakshmi,

The following MSDN page details the setup for DTC. It should be done of both the BizTalk machine and the remote (SQL Server) machine.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa544733(CS.70).aspx

Thanks,

William

• Marked as answer by Laxme Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:17 PM
  • Hi,

You can clear the message box and management database and then try to redeploy the application.You can find the SQL queries in you biztalk installation folder,

Thanks....

SPN

• Proposed as answer by SPN Biztalk Thursday, September 9, 2010 11:28 PM
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 2:23 AM