none
Launch clickonce .application from webbrowser control -- webBrowser1.Navigate(); RRS feed

• Question

• I have a wpf application that I am trying to use to launch another clickonce application using webbrowser control.  It works perfectly in Windows 7, but fails to download manifest in Windows 10.  How can this be fixed in Win 10?

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
     * [5/20/2017 1:53:33 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\adm\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\9OR5CR2T\SectraWorkstation.application has started.
     * [5/20/2017 1:53:33 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
     * [5/20/2017 1:53:33 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
    ERROR DETAILS
     Following errors were detected during this operation.
     * [5/20/2017 1:53:33 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
      - Downloading file:///C:/Users/adm/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/9OR5CR2T/Application Files/SectraWorkstation_12_500_209_42221/SectraWorkstation.exe.manifest did not succeed.

Saturday, May 20, 2017 6:54 PM

All replies

• Hi jlmsdn,

Sorry for my late reply.

>>System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)

The problem should be from the MIME type. If you host your ClickOnce application not on the IIS. You need to change the MIME types defined so that the server knows how to handle the files.

Try the solution mention in the following article written by RobinDotNet.

MIME Types for ClickOnce deployment

https://robindotnet.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/mime-types-for-clickonce-deployment/

Best Regards,

Bob

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 22, 2017 3:09 AM
  • Did you get this working?  I am having the same problem?

Dan

Danny

Friday, July 7, 2017 3:45 PM