none
Find all tables from MS Access 2003 database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have program what uses Access 2003 database with ODBC. Now when I'm updating program, I like to make one function what updates all tables from database, ok, I know how to do that if I can somehow find list of tables from MS Access (.mdb) database using SQL.

This works on access : "SELECT Name FROM MsysObjects WHERE (((Id)>=0) AND ((Flags)=0));" but when I try use it from C++, i got only exception. So how to get tablenames with SQL?

Thanks
    Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:35 AM

Answers

• If you can use .NET Managed Provider for OLEDB, then OleDbConnection class has two methods called GetSchema and GetOleDbSchemaTable. They return information about objects in a database. In a case of .NET Managed Provider for ODBC you could use GetSchema of OdbcConnection class to get same information.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:41 AM

All replies

• If you can use .NET Managed Provider for OLEDB, then OleDbConnection class has two methods called GetSchema and GetOleDbSchemaTable. They return information about objects in a database. In a case of .NET Managed Provider for ODBC you could use GetSchema of OdbcConnection class to get same information.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:41 AM
  • I'm using .Net 1.1 OdbcConnection class, and seems it have GetSchema member. Have to try. Thanks
    Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:22 AM