can't run debug from cmd prompt in windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Everytime I type "debug" into the cmd on windows 8 pro, I get the following message:

"'DEBUG' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file."

I also tried running CMD as Administrator, but this did not help.

How to I get into DEBUG?

• Moved by Barry Wang Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:19 AM OS related issue
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 2:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Jonathan,

"Debug" command is not like the way which you used. It is certainly that you will get the message when you type "Debug" only in command prompt.

We would like to suggest you read the link below to know how to use "Debug" and the parameter about it.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722863.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What are you trying to do?

debug.exe is not available in 64 bit windows versions.

Try to install a 32bit OS in a Virtual Machine and try the DEBUG command.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 5:14 AM
  • Hi Jonathan Lovatto,

Thanks for posting at MSDN.

Per my understanding, this thread is related to Windows 8. I will help move to that forum for effective response.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:03 AM
  • Hi Jonathan,

"Debug" command is not like the way which you used. It is certainly that you will get the message when you type "Debug" only in command prompt.

We would like to suggest you read the link below to know how to use "Debug" and the parameter about it.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722863.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:41 AM
  • Hi,

We wonder if there is any luck your issue has been resolved, if you've found solution by yourself. We would appreciate it if you could share with us and we will mark it as answer.

Best Regards,

Simon

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 7:32 AM