none
Duplicate links to privacy policy

Question

• I published my first app on Windows Store a while ago, targeting Windows 8.1. It connects to internet so therefore I added a privacy in settings in the charm menu as it said in 4.1.1 in the App certification requirements:

“You must provide access to your privacy policy in the Description page of your app, as well as in the app’s settings as displayed in the Windows Settings charm.”

The thing is that when the app is installed from Windows Store there is now duplicate links to the privacy policy in the charm menu. It looks like the system adds one automatically. Can and should I remove the link I have by code?

Sunday, October 5, 2014 8:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

When submitting your app, you must also include a link to your privacy policy in the app description section. It seems strange that you have two privacy links in the Settings charm. If you are still having an issue with this, please contact support so we can review your app submission.

Thanks for the post!

Jonathan

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Office Store Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Saturday, October 11, 2014 12:24 AM
  • Thanks for answering. I’m sorry that I haven’t seen your answer until now :-(.

Well, it’s nothing strange that I get two privacy links. I add one link with my code. And then the system automatically adds one link cause its finds the link from the store – at least that’s what I think (this does not happen in debug mode by the way). I haven’t found any documentation about the automatically generated link. The question is if I could really on the auto link and remove the link I add by code.

Saturday, November 15, 2014 11:18 AM
  • you can remove the one you added by code. as long you provide a privacy policy during your app submission

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

• Marked as answer by pekspro Saturday, November 15, 2014 4:27 PM
    Saturday, November 15, 2014 2:46 PM

Saturday, November 15, 2014 4:28 PM