none
Design Outlook Template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need your expertise, my job is to give live webex training to clients/partners. For this first of all I need to sent an training (scheduling) request/proposal with all date/time details. The end users go ahead and except/reject the proposal, in case if the users rejects - we need to do follow-up with their new feasible date/time.

My problem is to do follow-up (as some users are smart to reject proposal for their unfeasibility).

For above is their any solution/macro/design email page were I can provide ready options for end users - to select their feasible date/time ( through readily available calender ) when they reject and reply to my request/proposal email.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks for your support.

Ranjit

Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Ranjit,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

According to your description, I think you need to clarify these two points for further research on your issue.

• What's the version of Outlook you are using?
      • What developing environment you need to design the template in? A VSTO solution or a macro built-in Outlook?

Please share more necessary information here.

Best Regards,

Leo_Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, October 15, 2012 2:51 AM
  • Hi Leo,

Appreciate you quick interest and response.

I would like to inform you that we are using MS. Outlook 2007 and would like to design above template with Macro built-in Outlook 2007.

I would feel lucky if we can have smart Macro which can connect the new feasible date and time sent by end user to our Outlook Calendar 2007. (if we can sent such email as Outlook 2007 meeting request.)

Looking forward for your expertise.

Thanks for your support.

Ranjit

Monday, October 15, 2012 8:56 AM
  • Hi Leo,

One more thing, this new feasible date and time by end user will be selected by them through available - Date and Time Picker in the email.

For further queries please feel free to contact.

Thanks,

Ranjit

Monday, October 15, 2012 11:24 AM
  • Hi Ranjit,

Thanks for your clarification.

I will involve some experts who are familiar with this issue and it may take some time. Much appreciate for your patience.

Have a good day.

Leo_Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:19 AM
  • The current process in Outlook is:

You send appointment request > end user accept or reject it > reschdule appointment

You will repeat above process in order to fit all people.  Because the end user recepient is outside of your organization, you cannot get their calendar information, which time framework is available.

My suggestion is to try Office 365 for small business, you get people in one organization and work with group calendar.

thanks.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:47 AM