Manipulation event - repositioning object

Question

• Hi,

I am working on an app where I draw several objects. I detect a mouse click on one of them using ManipulationStarted, move the object using ManipulationDelta. It all works well, except that the selected object is not drawn on top of the other objects. So when it is moved across the screen, it can move underneath another object. Before I used the Manipulation event, I solved this by removing the object from the canvas and then redrawing it so that it would move over all other objects, on top of them. If I try this in ManipulationStarted, ManipulationDelta does not work.

I am unable to find a way around this - assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Lynn

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:27 PM

Answers

• If it's on a canvas, you should increase it's z-index so it's on top of everything else.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by LynnQatar Wednesday, December 31, 2014 2:49 PM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 8:04 PM