Rehosted Workflow Designer TypePresenter DefaultMostRecentlyUsedTypes RRS feed

• Question

• I have a re-hosted workflow designer and have added my custom variable types to the TypePresenter DefaultMostRecentlyUsedTypes as well as a few others that are frequently used.

Oddly enough, if you add Int32, Double, Boolean and DateTime to the list, it will display them as:

• Int32
    • System.Double
    • Boolean
    • System.DateTime
    My question is, how do I control the "friendly" name that is displayed.  They seem to already be applied that for Int32 and Boolean (as well as strings and arrays).

These are not so troublesome, but the custom one's we are using beyond these have extremely long namespace names that are "cumbersome" at best.  I would like to see if I could display them in the designer typepresenter with a more friendly naming convention.

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:53 PM

Answers

• Boolean, Int32 and String are primitive types in .Net that allow literal values.

Double and DateTime are not primitive types, so they display differently

• Marked as answer by zhenyu dai Thursday, March 3, 2011 7:29 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:53 AM
  • Hi, BenJamin

According to a response from Tony Tang. WF4 designer don't support such a extensiblity yet. 

Thanks

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Friday, December 17, 2010 6:27 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 6:27 AM

All replies

• Boolean, Int32 and String are primitive types in .Net that allow literal values.

Double and DateTime are not primitive types, so they display differently

• Marked as answer by zhenyu dai Thursday, March 3, 2011 7:29 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:53 AM
  • Hi, BenJamin

According to a response from Tony Tang. WF4 designer don't support such a extensiblity yet. 

Thanks

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Friday, December 17, 2010 6:27 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 6:27 AM