video recorded by Kinect V2 RRS feed

• Question

• I recorded video using Kinect V2, now i want to cut this video to small videos and use them for gesture builder.

and anybody help me with that?

Friday, November 28, 2014 9:14 AM

Answers

• I am assuming you are using Kinect Studio and not actually recording a video.

You don't need to cut them up. Just load the clip into VGB. See the deep dive videos for tips and strategies on how to tag your clips effectively to work.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/02e0302a-e3bd-46d3-9146-0dacd11d2a8d/deep-dive-videos-and-whitepaper-for-visual-gesture-builder?forum=kinectv2sdk

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, December 1, 2014 7:30 PM
  • At the risk of seeming repetitive... as Carmine said, you don't need to cut the data you recorded in small pieces in order to build gestures from a longer recording with repetitions of the same gesture or different gestures. Kinect Studio allows you to select different parts of a recording with different meanings (this is what Carmine referred as "tag your clips"). E.g: your gesture is "stand up from a chair" and you have a KS recording session with ten people sitting on a chair and then standing up. You can use KS to select the relevant parts of that clip in which people are standing up from the chair to build the gesture.

If you want to cut the clip for some other reason (e.g. you need to make a clip for youtube to show the images you used to build the gesture) I would suggest to play them in Kinect Studio and use some software to record the screen content (then you can edit with regular video editing software).

• Marked as answer by UKM-IVI Tuesday, December 16, 2014 11:56 AM
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 8:22 AM

All replies

• I am assuming you are using Kinect Studio and not actually recording a video.

You don't need to cut them up. Just load the clip into VGB. See the deep dive videos for tips and strategies on how to tag your clips effectively to work.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/02e0302a-e3bd-46d3-9146-0dacd11d2a8d/deep-dive-videos-and-whitepaper-for-visual-gesture-builder?forum=kinectv2sdk

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, December 1, 2014 7:30 PM
  • Actually, I'm using Kinect Studio to record video so now i have some videos saved in my computer with extension .xef  ...I need to cut these clips to small small clips, is that possible??

TQ

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 6:37 AM
  • Short answer is no. You should record the clips you require as you capture them. Kinect Studio does not record video, it is recording the raw sensor data. The intent of the tool is to record test scenarios to assist developers with data that can be reliably reproduce time after time.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:20 PM
  • At the risk of seeming repetitive... as Carmine said, you don't need to cut the data you recorded in small pieces in order to build gestures from a longer recording with repetitions of the same gesture or different gestures. Kinect Studio allows you to select different parts of a recording with different meanings (this is what Carmine referred as "tag your clips"). E.g: your gesture is "stand up from a chair" and you have a KS recording session with ten people sitting on a chair and then standing up. You can use KS to select the relevant parts of that clip in which people are standing up from the chair to build the gesture.

If you want to cut the clip for some other reason (e.g. you need to make a clip for youtube to show the images you used to build the gesture) I would suggest to play them in Kinect Studio and use some software to record the screen content (then you can edit with regular video editing software).

• Marked as answer by UKM-IVI Tuesday, December 16, 2014 11:56 AM
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 8:22 AM