Wrong GPO applied to user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - Not sure where to ask about this, but I am having trouble with our domain policies being applied correctly.  For example, I found that the Defaul Domain Controller policy is currently being applied to my ID.  I know this because the pw complexity is different than the default domain policy.  There is an OU called domain controllers to which this policy is applied.  That is the GPO is hanging below this OU in the GPO management screen.

If this is not the right place for questions on GPO, could someone point me to the correct forum?  Or point me to a place where I can see some samples of how the GPO should look so I can make sure it is being applied correctly?

Thanks for any help

Mark

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

Best place to ask question related to Active Directory and related technology could be AskDS Team ( A technet blog maintained by Directory service support team from Microsoft)

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

You are correct default domain controller policy is applied on the OU where all the computer accounts, promoted to domain controller resides. If you happen to logon to any of the domain controller and run rsop, you will find that Default Domain Controller policy is applied to your user though your user is not in the OU. If you can provide some logs related to gpresult or rsop, it will be easier to understand whats going on.

Jai

Sunday, April 10, 2011 2:04 AM