Internal error has occurred RRS feed

• Question

• When I highlight several scripts and select "Not in build" in the properties window, I often get the following error:

"An internal error has occurred.  You must reload your database projects to recreate the design-time validation database ..."

Any suggestions on what causes this or how to avoid it?  This is a SQL 2000 db project.

Monday, March 12, 2007 5:09 PM

Answers

• T Feldman -

Are you still blocked by this issue? If so, please provide the version information that Gert requested and we'll see if we can get you unblocked. If you've resolved or worked around the issue, let us know so we can close the thread.

Thanks,

Monday, April 2, 2007 6:23 PM

All replies

• That sounds like a bug. Can you provide any additional details about the objects that you have selected? Are they just miscellaneous scripts that you added to the project? Or are they object definitions?

thanks,

Monday, March 19, 2007 9:22 PM
  • They're not misc. scripts, since those you can control through the post- and pre-deployment manifest scripts.  Typically they are users - those are the ones I may not want to deploy.

I'm just beginnning with this tool.  I will keep careful track of what I am doing next time I try this feature and let you know the details.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:57 PM
  • Here are the exact steps:

Highlight 4 users under Schema Objects.  Right-click and select Properties.  Select 'Not In Build'.  As soon as the selection is made, the tool throws the exception and requires me to reload the project.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:49 PM
  • I just tried this, but can not repro this. Which version are you using; please copy the version string from the Help -> About box.

-GertD

Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:12 AM
  • T Feldman -

Are you still blocked by this issue? If so, please provide the version information that Gert requested and we'll see if we can get you unblocked. If you've resolved or worked around the issue, let us know so we can close the thread.

Thanks,

Monday, April 2, 2007 6:23 PM
  • Sorry for the late response - had trouble with my workstation ...

This error still occurs, but it is not a blocking error.  I just reload the project.  Also, my colleague here could not reproduce it.  So I will just live with it.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:20 PM