• Question

• I have a website But i want to have that like system in which my users can sign in and sign up for a new account and get a personal page, means i want a system like e-mail but not e-mail in which users can sign in to website and go for there personal account which they have updated earlier but it should be based on access database and expression not anything else because i am a beginner and i don't know other difficuilt processes
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:13 PM

All replies

• The easiest way for you to accomplish this is with asp.net which has all the memberhsip / password / account management stuff already done for you.

But that means you would have to use  a host that supports asp.net, and since the membership database is in SQLEXRESS (which is free), the host would need to support MSSQL database.

If you want to know what is needed to do this, read this tutorial:

http://www.homepagedoctor.com/ExpressionTutorials/CreatingMembershipSite.htm

There may be "simpler" less secure ways to accomplish what you want to do, but if you want all the bits you needs for a membership site, like ability to recover passwords etc., take a look at the reference above

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with FP, Access, Bots and Wizards
    MyNumbersTracker.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET.
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:45 PM
  • I forgot to mention, it is possible to use Access database for the membership parts of asp.net, but using what is called a "Provider" for Access. I have not personally done it but know it can be done.

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with FP, Access, Bots and Wizards
    MyNumbersTracker.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET.
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:47 PM
  • "I forgot to mention, it is possible to use Access database for the membership parts of asp.net, but using what is called a "Provider" for Access. I have not personally done it but know it can be done."

I'll mention that that's a lot more complicated than using the database the asp.net membership tools will create for you, and for a beginner, it's an additional and probably daunting step.

Sunday, September 12, 2010 2:53 PM