none
[WiFi API] How can I start dealing with WiFi API for windows Embedded HandHeld 6.5 Professional RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I am beginner on WiFi API for windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Professional and I would like to create an c# application/applet to detect near by WiFi network/accesspoint. My terminal is provided by Datalogic. I have followed their "Read Me" file for the developpment on the terminal with Visual Studio 8 Service Pack 1 and other neaded sdk (i.e. as mentionned in the datalogic 2.2 SDK "Read Me" file for install). I have tried to run the provided Samples, however, the applet crashes with the following error meesage "DLL PInvoke 'wifiApi.dll' unfound".I have searched for this dll file but I failed to find it.

I found wlanUtilCF.dll wich has the class "WlanUtilCF.WlanControl". However this class has failed to detect the near by networks.

I have tried open.netcf package and the WirelessZeroConfigNetworkInterface class. The method to get wireless zero configuration interface return a null result because I am not connected to a network.

The needed result is possible through GUI of summit client utility with a button "scan". When I push on this button,I got the list of near by access points. Is it possible to get such result with visual studio ?

Thanks in advance !

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 4:00 PM