How do I add the reference System.Windows.Interactivity to my project RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running Blend 3  trial version on a Windows Vista 64bit laptop.  I'm new to Silverlight and am doing one of the AIG starter kits.

In the tutorial it has you add pre-existing .cs files.  When I try to rebuild project to use them as assets I get several errors.  One being that I'm missing the assembly reference of System.Windows.Interactivity.  Where do I find this assemply?  Isn't this something that should be default for every project references?

Thanks for the help.

Sheri
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 8:31 PM

All replies

• You'll often need to add assembly references to your project before you can use certain classes.  What I usually do is hit the command prompt, then do a file search for the DLL that's used.  Then right click on your project, and choose "Add Assembly Reference".

• Proposed as answer by DaveyBoy1138 Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:07 AM
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:07 AM
  • An easy way to get this reference added to your project is to open up the Asset panel and add any of the Blend included behaviors to an element on your scene.  Once the behavior is added you can just delete it and the reference will remain.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:24 PM
  • I found mine in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend 3\Interactivity\Libraries\Silverlight
    This is with Expression studio 3.0 for the Beehive game starter kit.
    • Proposed as answer by Fileark Friday, February 19, 2010 6:46 PM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 6:46 PM
  • Howdy,

Can you please mark whichever responses you think are the correct answer or the one that helped you, so other can benifit from the thread?

Cheers

Expression MVP

my blog : http://x-coders.com/blogs/sneaky/default.aspx

Monday, February 22, 2010 8:46 PM