none
How to fetch all fields data relative to a project from Project Server based on a Unique value Custom Field using asmx PSI model RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have a requirement in which I have to retrieve information about projects from Project Server, and I have to use Project.asmx or some other web service to retrieve information, here is the requirement in details:-

1)Customer has several custom fields in project server out of which is a unique identity(LOC ID), and requirement is to fetch data of a project(with several other custom fields) from the project server.

2)I tried using Project.asmx & Queue.asmx and all projects belongs to a particular department so I thought to go with this method:-

ReadProjectListByDepartment(departmentUid)

but I am not able to identify how can I get departmentUid if I know the name of the department?

and how can I retrieve details of a Project including Custom Fields value by passing a Filter of another Custom Field.

Another Strange issue I have is the account which I am using to fetch data (used basic ReadProjectList()) is retrieving only Project Name and Project UID Properties rest of properties are null, is there any permission issue is making this happen.

Many Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Everyone,

I am able to resolve the requirement self..

Just Explored the Project Server SDK and finally succeed, I am able to get what I desired..

Thanks...

Mark as Answer if helped!! To be or Not to Be..The question is this only......

Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:42 AM
  • Hi Ankur Madaan

can you please eloborat the same so that it would be helpfull to other also :)))

Monday, April 29, 2013 11:19 AM