none
Domain configuration with iis hosted website in azure virtual machine RRS feed

• Question

• I have a virtual machine with a Website hosted on it. also by default, I have configured with azure provided DNS. but I want to configure different domain then how to configure it.

The other question is that I can publish my website to the Azure virtual machine directly but in that, I am able to publish in port 80 only, Cant I publish on other ports.
    Sunday, August 11, 2019 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hello Dhruv,

I have seen that you posted the same question in stack overflow.

As you mentioned that have configured the Azure provided DNS name of the VM and are looking for how to configure different/custom domain name. 

Here are few suggestions on how you can achieve this:

• If you are looking for pointing only this VM (website) to the custom domain, then you can go ahead and add the Public IP of the VM on the external domain registration site.
    • If there are more records you want to point to the custom domain, then it is recommended to use domain delegation to Azure DNS. Please check this document for information on Azure DNS domain hosting and DNS Delegation.

By default IIS listens on port 80 and also opens and binds port 80 on Windows Firewall. You can change the port as per your need form IIS and also ensure you on open it both on Azure NSG and Window firewall. 

Thanks.

Please remember to mark the reply as answers if they help.

Monday, August 12, 2019 10:37 AM
  • Hello Dhruv,

Any update on the issue?

Just checking in if you got a chance to check my previous response to your query.

If your issue is resolved with the provided suggestion, do click “Mark as Answer” and "Up-Vote" on the post that helped you, so that other forum members can benefit from it.

Thanks
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:40 PM
  • Any update on the issue?

If your issue is resolved with the provided suggestion, do click “Mark as Answer” and "Up-Vote" on the post that helped you, so that other forum members can benefit from it.
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:43 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

Thanks.
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:09 AM