none
English language pack doesn't work correctly in VS2015 Community

Question

• Hello,

I have Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition installed on my Windows 10 machine. Unfortunately it doesn't ask for the language that should be used for the IDE. I don't remember that there was anything else available than English in older versions of VS. But now it installs a localed version according to the running operation system. That's German in my case.

At least there is a language pack available so the IDE can be switched to English. Unfortunately when I do this and want to use the IDE in English several problems arise:

• some windows are still in German
    • most project properties are gone and not editable anymore
    • the default action to run the application is not debugging anymore but just start without recompile

I'm sure there are still several other issues after the language switch has been done but those are the ones which stopping me from using Visual Studio at all.

When I switch back to the German system language, all works again.  

I'm running the IDE as admin because it doesn't work otherwise.

Is there any known issue like this? I haven't found anything so far. It's really terrible, VS2015 seems to be the worst VS edition I ever used. 

Thanks,

Robin

• Edited by Robbson Monday, June 06, 2016 9:54 AM
    Monday, June 06, 2016 9:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Robin,

So you use the German windows 10, whether you also install the German VS IDE before? You install the VS English language package like the following screen shot, am I right?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/details.aspx?id=48157

Since this forum is to discuss the English issue, we just have the English Windows and VS IDE, sorry for that I couldn't really repro this issue in my side using the same windows.

Since you want to use the English language, one idea is that you could download the English VS community version directly here:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

And then check it again.

Of course, if you want to go back to the German, maybe you could install the German language package for this English VS version. At least, we could know that whether it still has this issue using two different language package even if we installed the English VS IDE before.

If it worked well, I think the real issue would be related to the German VS IDE.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016 4:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Robin,

So you use the German windows 10, whether you also install the German VS IDE before? You install the VS English language package like the following screen shot, am I right?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/details.aspx?id=48157

Since this forum is to discuss the English issue, we just have the English Windows and VS IDE, sorry for that I couldn't really repro this issue in my side using the same windows.

Since you want to use the English language, one idea is that you could download the English VS community version directly here:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

And then check it again.

Of course, if you want to go back to the German, maybe you could install the German language package for this English VS version. At least, we could know that whether it still has this issue using two different language package even if we installed the English VS IDE before.

If it worked well, I think the real issue would be related to the German VS IDE.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016 4:05 AM
  • Hi Robin,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. 

What about this problem now?

Would you mind letting us know the latest information about this issue?

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, June 13, 2016 10:49 AM