Synchronizing Blend and Visual Studio

Question

• In developing an HTML/JavaScript app, I open Blend for Visual Studio by right-clicking on the project and selecting Open in Blend.  After working in Blend, when I switch back to Visual Studio I sometimes get the option to update the files that VS is using to reflect the Blend changes.  However, sometimes I don't get this dialog and the VS and Blend are out of sync.

What is the secret sauce to make the synchronization happen when I switch back to VS?  I've tried building the project, running the project and saving the files but I have not found a consistent way to ensure that VS reloads the files that Blend has changed.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:41 PM

Answers

• We are actively working on this issue. I will let you know later as soon as we fix it. Generally, save should work.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:44 PM
  • a workaround for now, save in Blend. close VS. go to explorer folder to reopen the solution by VS. Again, we are working on this issue, thanks.
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Jrboddie, thanks for reporting this.

I will get back to you soon.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:33 PM
  • We are actively working on this issue. I will let you know later as soon as we fix it. Generally, save should work.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:44 PM
  • a workaround for now, save in Blend. close VS. go to explorer folder to reopen the solution by VS. Again, we are working on this issue, thanks.
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:11 PM