Have a problem with simulator

Question

• I have a problem when i try to run windows app with Windows Simulator. The message rise "Windows simulator need your current credentials. Please lock this computer, then unlock it using your current password and run the windows simulator again. To lock your computer, press CTRL-ALT-DEL and then press Enter.". If I follow the instruction, the another message raise again "Unable to start the Simulator. Cannot process request because the process (7692) has exited.". Or even I don't follow the instruction the another message is raise and have information "Unable to start the simulator. Simulator closed or crashed.". What can I do now? Help me please. Thanks for read a long issue.

• Moved by Tina-Shi Tuesday, May 5, 2015 1:40 AM the issue is related to the windows store app
    Sunday, May 3, 2015 3:28 PM

All replies

• Updating the drivers for display adapter helped in similar situation: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/windowsapps/en-US/00fd1280-bf18-4882-846c-b881d8b18288. Or maybe your Operating System does not include all of the updates: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2898148.

Sunday, May 3, 2015 4:04 PM
  • Thank for suggestions but it's still not working.... Any body help me please. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Monday, May 4, 2015 12:44 AM
  • Hi Vinh  loc,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Since this issue is related to the Windows app simulator, so we will move this case to the windows store forum, you will get better support.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 1:39 AM
  • Hi Vinh,

So...that means you already apply following updates and restart the computer?

The issue sounds more like the environment issue, may I know if you upgrade your system from 8.0 to 8.1 or you simply install the Visual Studio on 8.1? As a suggestion, you can also uninstall and then install the latest version of Visual Studio to see if it helps.

Also you may try to run the Visual Studio by Administrator account to see if it helps.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:30 AM