Using ASP.net to set Text Box field to Numerics only RRS feed

• Question

• User-917227176 posted
    We are in the process of implementing our third party customized application to use Blackberry. Is there a way that we can get an ASP.net Mobile text box to work with only numeric data? In order for the user to enter a number, they have to hit the shift numlock key, and we want to prevent the user from having to do this. On Yahoo's weather site this is supported with the zipcode field. I believed this is done on their site using WML. Is there a way that we can connect the ASP.net mobile web pages to WML? Is there any other way that this can be done? Thanks in advance for your time and your help.
    Wednesday, December 29, 2004 2:43 PM

All replies

• User-95607119 posted
    ASP.NET mobile textbox has property called Numeric. If you set its value to True then user can insert only numbers to this textbox.
    Thursday, December 30, 2004 2:50 AM
  • User-917227176 posted
    Thanks Qnnn but this was already tried, and it doesn't work. It only works if WML is used not if HTML is used which I believe we most likely are using with Blackberry. The msdn site says the following - For Device language of HTML - A Type property of Numeric is ignored Any other tips? I'm really am stuck on this. Do you know a way that I can link an ASP.net page that uses HTML to a WML page. WML supports the numeric = true property or if you set the input control attribute format="N" for a single number. This is supposed to automatically set the keypad to use numeric values. My problem since I am so new to all of this, I don't know how to connect ASP.net to WML. Thanks again for your help, Sue
    Thursday, December 30, 2004 10:03 AM
  • User-247646333 posted

Sue,

Please review a new link and a demo posted on http://asp.net/mobile regarding BlackBerry development using Flowfinity (http://flowfinity.com/visualstudio).

This solution will be available for review by developers soon (you can pre-register now) so you might find it useful in your future BlackBerry projects. In particular you will see in the demo that there is a way to configure input controls to limit input to date, time, numeric, email and other formats.

Regards,
    Olga

Monday, May 16, 2005 7:57 PM