How can I find out the server port for a secured FTP site and creating a FTP Connection Manager RRS feed

• Question

• I have to create a FTP Task to go out and get the files that our 3rd party vendor will be dropping on a secured FTP site. I have all the credentials to access that Secured FTP Site and have successfully done so through FileZilla.

Now I need to set-up a FTP Task to go out and get their files and in so doing create a FTP Connection Manager. Is there any way I can determine the Server Port number from the Secured FTP site? I let it default to 21 and tried the Test Connect and it failed.

Thanks for your review and am hopeful for a reply.

Monday, April 6, 2015 5:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Port 21 is the default one for FTP, while in common the port 22 is used for SFTP. At its best you shuld ask the vendor which he is using.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Monday, April 6, 2015 5:51 PM
  • There is no way you can use the stock SSIS FTP Task to move files over SFTP or FTPS.

You will need to either buy a commercial SSIS component or use Open Source tools like WinSCP

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Monday, April 6, 2015 6:28 PM
  • In order to connect to SFTP, you will need custom SFTP task from codeplex. Or do the scripting to access the files.

Thanks, hsbal

Monday, April 6, 2015 9:23 PM
  • Check the commercial COZYROC SFTP Task. It supports both SSH and FTPS secure protocols and the setup process is very similar to the standard FTP Task.

SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Monday, April 6, 2015 10:50 PM
  • Hi ITBobbyP,

SSIS has a built in FTP task, while this only works for the FTP protocol, it doesn’t support SFTP. But there are some free clients like WinSCP and SSIS SFTP Task Control Flow Component available in the CodePlex which can invoked from SSIS.

References:
    SSIS SFTP Task Control Flow Component approach
    WinSCP approach

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 8:42 AM