Page Result ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Am running a load test of 100 users for 1 min duration.

Can some one explain me what is the count in the result page refers to.

Is it the total number of url request for each page has been made with 1 min duration.Also can i assume that the sum of the count contributes to the total url request made by the load test agent during the 1 min duration,which is equivalent to the no.of request received by the web server?

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:35 PM

Answers

• the count is the total number of requests for that url but dependent requests are not displayed in this table so if you sum the count for all pages you do not necessarily have the total number of requests.  Dependent requests are images, css files, js files etc... things the page needs to complete the rendering.

Tim

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:15 PM
  • Hello,

Count coloum refers to number of time the test has called the web page. For ex the first URL is called for 148 times that means when you run your LoadTest request for that aspx page to Server was made for 148 times excluding dependent request. The jquery and other dependent request URL is using we are not calling it.

Regards,

Ahetejazahmad.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:26 AM

All replies

• the count is the total number of requests for that url but dependent requests are not displayed in this table so if you sum the count for all pages you do not necessarily have the total number of requests.  Dependent requests are images, css files, js files etc... things the page needs to complete the rendering.

Tim

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:15 PM
  • Hello,

Count coloum refers to number of time the test has called the web page. For ex the first URL is called for 148 times that means when you run your LoadTest request for that aspx page to Server was made for 148 times excluding dependent request. The jquery and other dependent request URL is using we are not calling it.

Regards,

Ahetejazahmad.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:26 AM
  • Hi Ahetejazahmad,

I have checked the count against the url request made to the webserver with the IIS log.I could see lots of difference in the count.

for instance my 1st page has made 166 request as per the test summary,but where as the iis log is showing 317 for the first page(default.aspx) hits.Can you please clarify the same.

Thanks,

Raj

Thursday, February 9, 2012 11:03 AM
  • I guess I would make sure when you look at the IIS logs you are looking at only the time the load test was running and the IP address(es) of the machine or machines generating the load.  I would probably also just run it again and double check.

Tim

Thursday, February 9, 2012 2:29 PM
  • Hello Raj,

IIS and the count for Load Test are two different things. LoadTest Count specifies when you did load testing for a scenario that time .aspx page was called for this many times. Where as the IIS logs can include information, such as who has visited your site, what the visitor viewed, and when the information was last viewed and  the count 317 may be the visitor visiting the .aspx page including you for the whole day. If you want to check IIS log you have to make sure you are providing proper TIME RANGE i.e when you star your load test and when it complete its execution. Match that count with Load Test may be it will be approximatly near by.

Regards,

Ahetejazahmad.

Friday, February 10, 2012 5:18 AM
  • Hi Ahetejazahmad,

Am running the load test in my test environment,where no user is going to visit the site.Moreover am filtering the IIS log based on the IP address and the time range.

Thanks

Raj

Friday, February 10, 2012 7:49 AM
  • Can you design your load test so it only makes 10 or so requests?  Then you can post your summary numbers and the relevant part of the log and we can see if we can explain things

Tim

Friday, February 10, 2012 3:29 PM