Sharepoint Site Creation Issue When Creating New Team Project in VS 2010/Team Foundation Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to setup VS 2010 Team Foundation project in TFS 2010. When I go to create the sharepoint site for the project, it errors saying I don't have permissions... what permissions do I need to grant, and is it a windows permission or within the sharepoint application?  I don't have a full blown sharepoint instance, but am using 3.0 services.

Thanks.

http://linkedin.com/in/brianmains
    Monday, April 26, 2010 10:55 PM

Answers

• Hi bmains,

To become a "farm Administrator" in WSS 3.0, launch the SharePOint 3.0 Central adminstration from Admin tools

1) Browse to the "operation" tab  and under "security Configuration" select "update farm administrator's group"

2) click New and select "add user" to add the user

3) Go to "Application management" tab and under "application security" select "Policy for web application"

4) Select the site you are using for TFS project portal on "Web application" (on the right top section)

5) Click "Add users" and on the next page select "all zones" and click Next

6) add the user and grant "full control", click finish

Now the user shoudl have both the rights.

Apart from this, you may also have to configure access within "Extensions for sharePoint products" node of the TFS admin console. If you had let TFs 2010 install and configure ShaerPoint, these configurations would have been set automatically.

hope this helps! let us know.

ArunRama, TFS Installation and Setup team.
    • Marked as answer by bmains Tuesday, April 27, 2010 4:28 PM
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:02 PM
  • Here is some information from the MSDN site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd547204(v=VS.100).aspx

Gregg Boer - TFS Product Team
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi bmains,

To create a Team Project Portal, you need to be the administrator of the sharepoint farm. and have Full Control permission of the Site Collection.

In addition, you should have the following permissions in Reporting Service

1 Team Foundation Content Manager of main folder

2 System Administrator of Site Setting

Best regards,
    Ruiz
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:37 AM
  • To create a Team Project Portal, you need to be the administrator of the sharepoint farm. and have Full Control permission of the Site Collection.

This part I don't know how to do, since I'm not a Sharepoint guru...  I got the reporting services permissions down, I just have to get the SharePoint permissions setup correctly...

http://linkedin.com/in/brianmains
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:00 PM
  • Hi bmains,

To become a "farm Administrator" in WSS 3.0, launch the SharePOint 3.0 Central adminstration from Admin tools

1) Browse to the "operation" tab  and under "security Configuration" select "update farm administrator's group"

2) click New and select "add user" to add the user

3) Go to "Application management" tab and under "application security" select "Policy for web application"

4) Select the site you are using for TFS project portal on "Web application" (on the right top section)

5) Click "Add users" and on the next page select "all zones" and click Next

6) add the user and grant "full control", click finish

Now the user shoudl have both the rights.

Apart from this, you may also have to configure access within "Extensions for sharePoint products" node of the TFS admin console. If you had let TFs 2010 install and configure ShaerPoint, these configurations would have been set automatically.

hope this helps! let us know.

ArunRama, TFS Installation and Setup team.
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:02 PM
  • Here is some information from the MSDN site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd547204(v=VS.100).aspx

Gregg Boer - TFS Product Team
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:21 PM