build augmented reality in mobile app RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have build a desktop app for realestate preseting properties on a map based on theire gps location.

I will build a mobile application of it. My customer has seen some cool stuff in mobile real estate app like implementation of augmented reality data linked to displaying properties around the location pointed by the mobile camera.

Now my customer come back to me and as a feature want me to implement such augmented reality feature for whish i have no idea how it is build and how to implement it.

Any guide line around or getting started mab or sample for that ?

Thanks for help

Regards

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of others.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:35 PM

Answers

• It depends on what exactly you want to do with the augmented reality.

You can use the GeoLocation and compass sensors to know where the device is and what direction it points (see Choosing the right sensors to use ) so you can calculate what to show. There are several ways to display this. For simple output you can overlay Xaml elements over your display. For more complicated you may want to implement a Media Foundation Transform (MFT) to embed the information within a video stream.

There are a number of articles and videos which go into this in more depth.

--Rob

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:15 PM

All replies

• It depends on what exactly you want to do with the augmented reality.

You can use the GeoLocation and compass sensors to know where the device is and what direction it points (see Choosing the right sensors to use ) so you can calculate what to show. There are several ways to display this. For simple output you can overlay Xaml elements over your display. For more complicated you may want to implement a Media Foundation Transform (MFT) to embed the information within a video stream.

There are a number of articles and videos which go into this in more depth.

--Rob

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:15 PM
  • realy great resource Rob, thanks so much

serge

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of others.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:04 PM