What is the need of table storage? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Once i restored my db schema into windows azure database. Then i can access my db data. So i wish to save the images uploaded by users the image path should save in database table and image must store in blob container. 

How can i code for this?

This is my requirement. Then what is the need of table storage here?

Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you are planning to use a SQL Azure database table you don't need to use table storage.

For blob storage take a look at https://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/how-to-guides/blob-storage/

If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful". Best Regards.

• Marked as answer by Basant Nair Friday, July 6, 2012 5:43 AM
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 1:01 PM
  • Hi,

When users upload image from clients to blob storage, you can create a user image blob container and store image files in blob under the container. Then you can got the image's info from the user and blob, such as image name, image source url, upload time, blob url, etc. I think these info can be stored in SQL Azure database, users can query the database to find their image (via Blob url).

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Friday, July 6, 2012 2:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are planning to use a SQL Azure database table you don't need to use table storage.

For blob storage take a look at https://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/how-to-guides/blob-storage/

If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful". Best Regards.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 1:01 PM
  • Hi,

When users upload image from clients to blob storage, you can create a user image blob container and store image files in blob under the container. Then you can got the image's info from the user and blob, such as image name, image source url, upload time, blob url, etc. I think these info can be stored in SQL Azure database, users can query the database to find their image (via Blob url).

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Friday, July 6, 2012 2:33 AM