Integration of Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• User-1457476513 posted

Hi,
    My requirement is Integration of outlook into my application.
    Inorder to start the integration, first we are adding the COM library references of outlook into my referencs.

Actually my requirement is I dont know which version of outlook client has installed on his workstyation?
    For my programming purpose if I add outtlook 2007 Dll (outlook 12.0 library) then the client who has outlook 2003 (outlook 11.0 library) can't access my application.It will throw exceptions.

How can I fix this problem?

Can I add outlook references dynamically  based on installed outlook version?

How to solve this please help me?

Regards
    ----------
    Sai kumar bayyavarapu

Saturday, March 21, 2009 2:25 AM

Answers

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi, 

The Outlook 2007 has provided more object models to let the programmer to customize. Since there are new object models that does not exist in Outlook 2003. The 2007 AddIn or automation application cannot work with Outlook 2003. If you want to write an application work with multiple versions of Office. You need to develop against the lowest version which can be used with latter version.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>

In this case, develop against Outlook 2003 object model and use it with Outlook 2003/2007. More detailed information, please see http://blogs.msdn.com/vsto/archive/2008/03/20/developing-an-add-in-for-multiple-versions-of-office.aspx

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:50 AM

All replies