locked
communicate between Server and Client ( using Socket)... RRS feed

  • Question

  • hi forum

    how to  communicate between  Server and Client ( using Socket),  if OfficeScanNT Personal Firewall (Trend Micro OfficeScan)  is running in both computer and we cant stop there service.

    any help would be heighly  appreciated.

     

     

     

    Tuesday, November 21, 2006 5:45 AM

Answers

  • You can put an exception in the firewall settings for the port on which your server is running.
    Tuesday, November 21, 2006 6:03 PM
    Moderator
  • Add your application in Allowed list or Add the port to allowed list which you are using in Your code. But most of the time its not necessary to manually add them but when your server tried to open a port your firewall notifies and tell you that this software is trying to open a port do you want to allow it or block it? If you allow it, its automatically configures itself!

    Best Regards,

    Rizwan

    Tuesday, November 21, 2006 7:47 PM

All replies

  • You can put an exception in the firewall settings for the port on which your server is running.
    Tuesday, November 21, 2006 6:03 PM
    Moderator
  • Add your application in Allowed list or Add the port to allowed list which you are using in Your code. But most of the time its not necessary to manually add them but when your server tried to open a port your firewall notifies and tell you that this software is trying to open a port do you want to allow it or block it? If you allow it, its automatically configures itself!

    Best Regards,

    Rizwan

    Tuesday, November 21, 2006 7:47 PM
  • I have created a port in Windows Firewall Exceptions (port name- test , Port number -21157) and i am using Socket (Windows based).    I am running client and Server program on same computer as well as different Computer  but i am getting "No Cnnection could be made because the target machine actively refusd it" .  How Could i solve.

    thanking you in advance

    Thursday, November 23, 2006 8:59 AM
  •  Rastogi wrote:

    I have created a port in Windows Firewall Exceptions (port name- test , Port number -21157) and i am using Socket (Windows based). I am running client and Server program on same computer as well as different Computer but i am getting "No Cnnection could be made because the target machine actively refusd it" . How Could i solve.

    thanking you in advance



    What Rizwan said is the only way to do this. Windows firewall can not configure 3rd party firewall applications.
    Thursday, November 23, 2006 9:13 AM
  • Port -21157 ???? Ports number cannot be negative, these lie in the rage of Int values but only positive. Second make sure you are using same Port on server and Client side to establish a connection?

    Best Regards,

    Thursday, November 23, 2006 2:13 PM
  • port no is 21157. when ever i run client and server program in same computer ,it is working fine but when i run server and client program on different it is shows "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly response after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to response" Error. I am doing this in my office machine

     

     

    Friday, November 24, 2006 8:50 AM
  •  Rastogi wrote:

    port no is 21157. when ever i run client and server program in same computer ,it is working fine but when i run server and client program on different it is shows "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly response after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to response" Error. I am doing this in my office machine



    The problem is your firewall, when you run client and server in the same computer your loop will be inside of the firewall, but when you use two diffirent computer, you have to allow port number in server machine to be able to accept connections. Is it clear?
    Friday, November 24, 2006 9:27 AM
  • It is clear but tell me how to overcome this problems????.if you have any trick please tell me.
    Tuesday, November 28, 2006 8:48 AM
  •  Rastogi wrote:
    It is clear but tell me how to overcome this problems????.if you have any trick please tell me.


    Rizwan gave the method to overcome your problem, you have to allow required ports from the firewall program, that is the only way. Open yoru firewall program and add your port in trusted zone. Actually when you want to access this port, your firewall should ask that you wanted to allow this port or not. If you use any firewall program you can easily understand what I mean, but if you not you ask for help someone who knows about firewall...
    Tuesday, November 28, 2006 12:02 PM