Creating Secure Web Service for consumption from iOS iPad app RRS feed

• Question

• User853399013 posted

Hi,

I have about 1 year of .NET experience and I am trying to create and iPAD app that will store data in SQL Server database.    Eventually this app will be on Android as well, etc..

I need to create a web service that is secure, uses token keys or session keys so that once user is logged in it keeps this info and the services are there to update/insert/delete from tables using the .NET webservice.  I want to use SQL Server as the database backend because I have extensive experience in database and use IIS .   I also don't want to use any free service like parse etc..    I'm having a hard time to find clear examples of  this anywhere on google.  Basically what I want is as below:

1.  when user logs in from ipad app, it authenticates if user exists or not via the webservice and checks the db.  if successful logs in the user.

2.  once logs in, the user is able to insert, update, delete various data that the app does and uses the web service to insert update delete etc..

3.  The webservices all should only be allowed by the app with the correct session id or token id so that no one else will be able to use the webservice .   the website will be using https so it will be secure.  I don't want to use certificates for the ipad app .

Can anyone help me create this or show me step by step or point me to links that have this ,  I would be forever grateful and somehow return the favor.

Thank you.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 12:16 AM

Answers

All replies