Cannot play videos on YouTube when using Internet Explorer in Windows Developer Preview

Question

• bad away: i have windows 8 64 bit and when i was install adobe flash the movies frim youtube work in internet application but on internet expoprer ASAP is not working.

the  internet explorer (asap) is can't remember password saved.. it has a lot of bugs

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hey Popescu Dalia,

I've split this reply into its own thread so that we can focus on the problems you are seeing when using Internet Explorer. If you are reading this from your email, you can visit your new thread by visiting the MSDN forums, logging into your account, and clicking My Threads in the right column of the page.

If you are using the Metro style Internet Explorer, you will need to use the desktop Internet Explorer to be able to install/use the Adobe Flash Player add-on. For more information regarding this, please take a look at the information provided in the link below:
    Building Windows 8 - Metro style browsing and plug-in free HTML5

For information about how Windows Developer Preview handles remembering online password, please see the information provided in the link below:
    Building Windows 8 - Protecting your digital identity

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Friday, December 16, 2011 11:24 PM
  • Oddly enough, Microsoft has chosen to make the Metro-style IE "HTML5 only," which basically means that it cannot handle any content that requires plug-ins such as Flash Player. You can use the desktop version to view this content, as it does not have this limitation.
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 2:04 AM
  • For youtube , you could view video in HTML5 format using IE10 metro, to do so follow these steps:

1)Open Internet Explorer in Metro Style

2)Visit http://www.youtube.com/html5

3)Chose to use HTML5 and then visit youtube and watch video in HTML5

You could use the same method to undo this and use flash player , but in that case you should use Desktop IE.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 10:36 AM