none
Problem downloading attachments via EWS since friday dec 9, 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Since Friday dec 9, 2016 I get and error when downloading the attachments from a email message in my public folder using EWS. The error is : "An internal server error occurred. The operation failed"

Very strange, nothing has changed, not my code, not the security settings of the user.

The code I used is here: bit.ly/2hercc5

The application stops at FileAttachment.Load(NewFileName)

Any suggestions ? Workarounds ?

UPDATE - when changing the folder to WellKnownFolderName.Inbox it works. So it does not work (any more) on PublicFolders

Thank you

Mathieu De Smet

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:06 AM

All replies

• We have exactly the same problem.  This was working last week.  This week we get the same exception when calling FileAttachment.Load. Nothing has changed in our code, and  I do not believe anything has changed on the server config

Forwarding emails with attachments from a public folder works as before

• Edited by Jamie A Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:54 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:47 AM
  • I hope that Microsoft can find the problem and solve it.

I did not find anything on the internet or on Twitter about this problem.

Regards,

Mathieu De Smet

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 12:03 PM
  • Hello Microsoft,

Any update on this??

Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:36 AM
  • I have changed my system from a Public Folder to a Shared Mailbox.

There I can download attachements.

Sunday, December 18, 2016 4:22 PM
  • I'm experiencing the very same issue, using EWS Managed API and Office 365. We haven't been running the attachment downloader program daily, only occasionally. It ran successfully on November 18, but when I ran it again on December 16, the program failed with the generic error message, "An internal server error occurred. The operation failed." I enabled tracing but didn't see any more detailed error message.

When I download attachments from the user's Inbox folder, the program works fine. The problem appears to be limited to public folders only. The program is able to find the public folder and to find items in the public folder. The exception is raised on the FileAttachment.Load(fileName) method.

Monday, December 19, 2016 8:00 PM