none
hot spot over video RRS feed

• Question

• Sir,

I have video of me asking to be poked in the eye.  The video is a wmv now but I can convert it to what ever I may need.  I want to create a hot spot around my eyes that links to the next page, that will have a video of me reacting to being poked in the eye.  Is there anyway for me to put a hot spot in the middle of a video? Or can I get the video to play in the background while I create the hot spot on a transparent still image that is in the foreground?  Or can you think of anyway I can do this?

Thanks

Bill

Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:35 PM

All replies

• No, you can't create a hotspot on the video.  As for the rest: try it.  (I doubt anyone else has the incentive to try it for you.)

Also, "Sir" is not needed, and often not appropriate, for a forum post.  No need to assume an incorrect gender, just skip it, and you'll be fine.

• Edited by KathyW2 Friday, May 22, 2015 7:11 AM
    Friday, May 22, 2015 5:14 AM
  • Sir,

I have video of me asking to be poked in the eye.  The video is a wmv now but I can convert it to what ever I may need.  I want to create a hot spot around my eyes that links to the next page, that will have a video of me reacting to being poked in the eye.  Is there anyway for me to put a hot spot in the middle of a video? Or can I get the video to play in the background while I create the hot spot on a transparent still image that is in the foreground?  Or can you think of anyway I can do this?

Thanks

Bill

You would do this using a div containing the clear image and then set the div using with a CSS z order higher than the z order of the video.
    http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_z-index.asp

Expression Web MVP

Friday, May 22, 2015 8:32 PM