Asp.net kicks me out and browser cache needs to clear to get in RRS feed

• Question

• User964006796 posted

hi Guys,

There is a strange problem in my website which i am developing. whenever an exception occurs it kicks me out to login page and sometimes without exception it kicks me out (mostly i update my code or aspx). After that no matter what i do i cannot go to that page until and unless i clear my cache of browser (Chrome, FF, Internet exlorer). i have IE9, FF new version and chrome new version. is it browser? anyone experiencing it?

this is really bad because if this problem occurs on clients how can we tell them to clear cache. could anyone help me please on urgent basis.

thanks in advance.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:17 AM

All replies

• User964006796 posted

please anyone reply....

thanks

Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:49 AM
  • User964006796 posted

anyone?

Friday, October 28, 2011 3:40 AM
  • User964006796 posted

hello?

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:34 AM
  • User612574037 posted

Hi,

I’m sorry for the delay. You may tell us where the login information you have stored. I assume there may be something wrong with the cookie. Whereas the cookie will store in the browser,it will not stop until it has expired or you clear it manually. You can check your code about it. I think you can add an if-else statement in your code to check whether the same cookie has exist. You can create a new cookie if it doesn’t exist. If it has exist you can redirect him to the page without login again. Thus there is no need to clear the cache of the browser manually.

Hope it can help you.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:45 AM
  • User964006796 posted

hi Qi Wu,

thaks for at least replying. which cookies should i check? i am not using any cookies at all. its just doing with every browser. especially Internet explorer 9. sometimes when i am debugging exception occurs. After that i change code and it takes me to login page. after login no matter what i do i cannot go back to that page.

thanks in advance

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:30 AM
  • User-1224340785 posted

Are you using Session variables? It looks like ASP.NET session expires and that's why it kicks you out. You can extend session timeout to fix it.

When you do a major modification to your code, the session will expire too. There's nothing you can do about that, unless you use SQL server session state mode.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:43 PM
  • User964006796 posted

i am using only two session variables that is userid and username thats it. time out has been extended. when build my DAL then it kicks out which is default behaviour because dll is refreshed but in aspx and aspx.cs file, sometime on exception and sometime without anything.

the odd thing is when i do change even in aspx it kicks me out sometimes. i would lean to more often. problem is i have to clear my browser cache to view that page (that is really bothering) because clients will get upset what is happening. it is a huge problem. i amusing VS 2010.

thanks in advance

Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:55 AM
  • User964006796 posted

i have found new behaviour that whenever timeout happens and it takes to login page. i cant seem to go back to that particular page from which timeout happened. i have to clear my browser cache for that.

what is this, it is driving me crazy.

thanks

Kamran

Friday, November 11, 2011 6:42 AM