Isolated Shell - hardcoded string "Visual Studio" RRS feed

• Question

• Environment: VS2010 Isolated Shell application

Found a string that has "Visual Studio" hardcoded rather than picking up my shell's name (like is typical).

"Visual Studio is currently using hardware-accelerated rendering."

As you'd expect, I am expecting the name of my product (as most places have).

Regards,
    Reed Shilts

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Reed,

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that setting using the hardcoded value.  There are a few options in Tools | Options that don't honor the application's name and have a hardcoded "Visual Studio."

If having those options not use your application's name is a blocking issue, the only real solution for you would be to hide the General options tab and reimplement your own options tab page for the relevant options that you care about.

Thanks,
    Gearard

Thursday, July 1, 2010 6:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Reed,

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that setting using the hardcoded value.  There are a few options in Tools | Options that don't honor the application's name and have a hardcoded "Visual Studio."

If having those options not use your application's name is a blocking issue, the only real solution for you would be to hide the General options tab and reimplement your own options tab page for the relevant options that you care about.

Thanks,
    Gearard

Thursday, July 1, 2010 6:26 AM
  • Hi Reed,

As far as I know, you can't change this kind of hardcoded resource. It's saved in related Package. If you want to modify it, you need to remove Options Pages component in .pkgundef file, and then use your custom Option Page instead.

For your reference, please see: Standard Features of the Isolated Shell .

Regards,

Nancy Shao [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 7:21 AM
  • I basically wanted to inform you guys so in the first SP the hardcoded string can be replaced with a "soft" string that takes the proper shell name.

I figure this is just a string that was overlooked.  I did not want to burn one of my bug reports on something like this.

Regards,
    Reed Shilts

Thursday, July 1, 2010 4:03 PM
  • Hi Reed,

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are facing.  We cannot make any guarantees of when/if this particular issue will be addressed. 

However, I have made sure that it is logged and marked as a customer issue so that it gets properly triaged and investigated.

Thanks,
    Gearard

Thursday, July 1, 2010 9:46 PM