Setting the location of the windows in the floating layout RRS feed

• Question

•  

i have created the parts as per the Notepad Sample. But I am unable to set the position of the windows when the floating layout is applied. How can I set the location of those windows. For example - i want a window to the leftside and another window to the right side...

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 6:26 AM

Answers

• You could implement an 'arrange windows' like feature within the layout pane. I only implemented the floating window layout style but you could add a 'tiled' layout style too pretty easily. You would just need to set the canvas left and top coordinates (via the attached properties) of the part panes and resize the window to tile the layout pane area, whenever a new window is added, or in response to a menu click.

David.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:39 PM

All replies

• At this point, we are unable to set the location of the windows using the floating layout.

Thanks,

Ricky

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:49 PM
  • You could implement an 'arrange windows' like feature within the layout pane. I only implemented the floating window layout style but you could add a 'tiled' layout style too pretty easily. You would just need to set the canvas left and top coordinates (via the attached properties) of the part panes and resize the window to tile the layout pane area, whenever a new window is added, or in response to a menu click.

David.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:39 PM
  • David,

Do u mean Part by saying canvas... I have already tried to set the Part location(Canvas.Top and Canvas.Left) and i have also set the 'StartupLocation = Manual' while defning the floating layout Manager... but it is not working out that way... if i am not on the right track can u please throw some more light on it.

Thanks,

Sachin

Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:07 AM