Visual studio & aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. RRS feed

• Question

• User-826654900 posted

I am from Costa Rica.  I have problems when I try to open (or create new) a web application.  Error display is:

The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/TPMCons.'  'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.

In the event log display:

aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.

Notes:

I am the PC administrator<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>I uninstalled the framework and installed again.<o:p></o:p>The application was function last year, but suddenly the error displays now.<o:p></o:p>This problem is in my PC in other ones all is ok.<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:46 PM

Answers

• User-1853252149 posted

The event log tells you everything.  You likely changed/deleted an account or password.  Check NTFS permissions on the framework folders and check the processModel section to see what username is used.

Jeff

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:57 PM

All replies

• User-1853252149 posted

The event log tells you everything.  You likely changed/deleted an account or password.  Check NTFS permissions on the framework folders and check the processModel section to see what username is used.

Jeff

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:57 PM
  • User579765439 posted

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I have a .net 3.5 application on the windows2000. When I try to browse asp.net pages i get this error: Server Application Unavailable.

Event log tells me : aspnet_wp could not be started!

I trid to research on this and also followed the steps like modifying machine.config file. Checking the aspnet user has required parameters.

On MS forums I found that this is error for .Net 1.0 .

My server Windows 2000 has .net framework 1.1 with hotfix  and 2.0.

Thanks in advance

Thursday, April 3, 2008 8:51 PM