none
Macro does not want to work on other machine ... !! RRS feed

• Question

• hello all today i try to test macros i used MsgBox just for test but when i create ecxel file on my laptop the macros work very well ,, but when i send it to my other computer it's didn't working !! what is the problem ,, strange think !! 

my laptop OS : windows 7 + ( office 2010 )

other computer OS : windows 7 + ( office 2010 )

3rd computer OS : windows 8 + ( office 2010 ) 

please i need help 

thanks all 

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:06 PM

Answers

• Hi qassam123,

>>but when i try to run it in another machine it's not working the document open and i can read it without any error but when i check macros i didn't found any think <<
    Did you get any error message? Can you create a new workbook run the macro on the machine which you got the issue?

If yes, I suggest that you check macro security settings. You can get more detail about it from link below:
    Change macro security settings in Excel

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 14, 2014 8:31 AM

All replies

• First try a simple test. On one of the other machines create a new excelfile with a simple macro. Something like:

Sub Test

msgbox "Hello World"

End Sub

Now save the document open it again and try your macro. If it works you know that the machine isn't the issue.

Second step:

Add the location of where you have stored your documents to the Trusted Folders (File - Options - Trustcenter settings).

Maybe an easy one but did you enable the macro's? Did you save the file as an xlsm file?

Maurice

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:29 PM
  • thanks for ur replay ,,, but i already did what u said an the document works okay on my machine but when i try to run it in another machine it's not working the document open and i can read it without any error but when i check macros i didn't found any think 
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:51 PM
  • Hi qassam123,

>>but when i try to run it in another machine it's not working the document open and i can read it without any error but when i check macros i didn't found any think <<
    Did you get any error message? Can you create a new workbook run the macro on the machine which you got the issue?

If yes, I suggest that you check macro security settings. You can get more detail about it from link below:
    Change macro security settings in Excel

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 14, 2014 8:31 AM
  • Often times the Trust Center settings are the issue

Robert

Monday, November 17, 2014 2:53 PM