time of certification process to add app to windows (10) store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm awaiting my app to publish to store,

but for a third day it stay at "certification in progress" step (no errors, nothing happens)

app submited at 2.2.2016 at night.

Is it ok, or I can do something to speed up process or can it be frozen somewhere?

Thanks for answer, Peter.

Friday, February 5, 2016 6:31 PM

All replies

• is it a WP app? Goodluck for this. Mine is at the 8th day now. Still not progressing. I even submitted a ticket but the representative couldn't help at all other than say "let me get back to you once I got info"

I noticed that it happens always to my WP apps, but with Universal or PC/Tablet apps, I get no problems.

Saturday, February 6, 2016 3:42 AM
  • Hi Francis, my is a universal app, still waiting, without change.

Peter

Saturday, February 6, 2016 9:24 AM
  • Peter, you better might as well file a ticket for this. http://aka.ms/storesupport
    Saturday, February 6, 2016 11:10 AM
  • It can take anywhere up to several days, sometimes more than a week, but it varies.

I have noticed that new apps take far longer to be published than updates. This is probably because they are more likely to be checked by a human. I also suspect that new developers are more likely to face delays (presumably devs with a history of published apps are more 'trusted').

App certification also seems to take longer when weekends or holidays interfere (which is understandable).

If it takes more than about a week (keeping in mind holidays, weekends, and time zones) you should contact support and see what the problem is. Once an app is published for the first time, any further updates seem to take no longer than a day, but occasionally 2 or 3 days.

To avoid any delays:

• test your app with the tools provided
    • make sure you included notes for the testers if there is anything unusual about your app (e.g. if they need an account to use it)
    • make sure your icons/tiles are all provided
    • make sure nothing is missing from your submission, such as privacy policy.

It used to take at least a full week, usually more for every app or update (and apparently this is still the case with iOS), so the situation has improved a lot.

Visit http://blog.grogansoft.com/ for Windows development fun.

Sunday, February 7, 2016 3:13 AM
  • It's true. My first submittal for a new app with a new account took just shy of one week. My second app also took nearly as long. But the following updates took varying lengths of time, but usually several days.

Dealing with CNET's process in the past, I've noticed my submissions are MUCH faster to approval if it's for a minor revision as opposed to a new app or major revision (eg. from 1.1.3 to 1.2.0 takes much longer than updating 1.2.1 to 1.2.2, etc). Maybe Microsoft has a similar algorithm.

Sunday, February 7, 2016 3:24 AM
  • FWIW, I submitted an update for one of my UWP apps about 30 minutes ago and I just got an email saying it has passed certification. There is definitely a lot of variance.

Visit http://blog.grogansoft.com/ for Windows development fun.

Sunday, February 7, 2016 3:41 AM