none
How to provide X509 certificate security feature in WCF LOB Adapter ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing a WCF LOB Adapter  in that I want to introduce token security say X509 certificate security,

Is this possible to provide? if yes, How to do it?

Thanks,

Friday, October 3, 2008 1:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• It is possible. The client can specify the certificate he wants to use using the proxy.ClientCredentials property. In your adapter implementation, when BuildConnectionFactory() is called on your class which derives from "Adapter", the clientCredentials parameter will have the X509 certificate details.

Friday, October 3, 2008 3:02 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. It is giving me some idea but still i am not getting a very clear picture.

I am dictating you what i am doing here so that u can help me in providing ellabrotive solution: -

1. I have a Active Directory (AD) secured with X509 certificate.

2. I am creating WCF Adapter for AD.

3. Consumer of WCF Adapter i.e client application will provide X509 Certificate (provided by AD service) via App.config or Web.Cofig file.

QUERY:

1. In WCF Adapter (WCF LOB Adapter) how i will get or extract those X509 Certificate information (from message) to push that certificate on LDAPConnection (LDAP Protocol) to communicate to AD server ?

2. Please can you provide me any sample of WCF LOB Adapter that had incorporated X509 Certificate based authentication?

Monday, October 6, 2008 6:49 AM
  • As mentioned in my earlier reply, when BuildConnectionFactory() is called in your custom adapter, an object of type "ClientCredentials" is passed. You can get the X509 certificate information from this object (Just type in "." and the Intellisense drop down will show you the properties/etc).

ClientCredentials.ClientCertificate:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.servicemodel.description.clientcredentials.clientcertificate.aspx
    Monday, October 6, 2008 1:12 PM