Where can I get the " LightSwitch Utilities" extension ? RRS feed

• Question

•    Where can I  get  the  " LightSwitch Utilities" extension  In C# ?

Thanks .   Can anyone help me !?

Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:15 PM
  • This did not help the forum links people to 'filter control' not Lightswitch Utilities. I have the same issue now myself I need to download this extension for installation on my new dev box.
    Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:04 AM
  • It's all asked & explained in this thread:

How to install LightSwitchFilter andLightSwitchUtilities Extensions?

But the gist of the confusion is that LightSwitchUtilities underwent a name change, & became ExcelImporter.

Yann - LightSwitch Central
    Luminous Tools for LightSwitch (a FREE productivity extension)
    FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer", if any reply answers your question.
    Please click "Vote as Helpful", if you find any reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

• Proposed as answer by babloo1436 Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:56 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 7:13 AM
  • I tried to follow all of that thread I think the confusion is on what LightSwich Utilities is.?  There is a lot of talk in that thread maybe it is maybe it isn't a part of the Import from Excel VISX. In my old projects had three extensions four if you count the office integration one though actually I do not think I ever actually utilized that code. I have the 'Filter' extension, Import From Excel and a separate 'LightSwich Utilities'. What I need to do is install a VISX for 'LightSwitch Utilities' but cannot find a zip folder or old extension folder I used to install this let alone if there is an updated extension for light switch utilities. I need a place to download it. B. I am having trouble even installing extensions on my new machine some seem to install others like Import From Excel do not install at all. I do understand I must disable the extensions in version 1 before upgrading to them in version 2. Hope this helps clarify my issues.
    Monday, April 15, 2013 3:40 PM
  • Upon further scrutiny I found there are two import to excel extensions the first by Microsoft directly which had issues and was not working properly and a second which once installed started making it possible to import but did not add the functionality promised. here is a link to the second one I am assuming you can find the Microsoft one on your own. In any case I found in his extension the VISX was named 'lightswitch utilities' and it was his extension which enabled my project to correctly start importing data. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Excel-Importer-Templates-1f0b325f I am hoping there is a work around although I am already having some other problems with my projects server code keeping me out of the debugger, preventing publishing, and preventing past published versions to install and run from the initial load screen for user names and password. That I hope to fix when I get back to Seattle an find my old project files CD I had just made for the University of Washington. I think that has more to do with a corrupted database nightmare on the project files I have. In the mean time I am trying to set up and prepare to migrate using my other project 'services management' which is a test application I built that one to try out new things before adding them to my main project. It is that project I cannot migrate due to the fact that I now find I cannot successfully install the LighSwich Utilities VISX from that link above onto my new Visual Studio.
    Monday, April 15, 2013 3:54 PM
  • I think you've missed the point. "LightSwitch Utilities" extension was an early version of the "Excel Importer" extension. The earlier version wasn't designed to work in LS 2012. The "Excel Importer" extension was updated to work in both 2011 & 2012, but the earlier one was not.

All you need is:

• the latest version of the Excel Importer extension as described (somewhere) in that thread that I gave you
    • change any references to LightSwitchUtilities.Client.ImportFromExcel() in your code with ExcelImporter.Importer.ImportFromExcel(), as described in the link that Bill provided

Yann - LightSwitch Central
    Luminous Tools for LightSwitch (a FREE productivity extension)
    FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer", if any reply answers your question.
    Please click "Vote as Helpful", if you find any reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:04 AM