none
Unable to delete resource group

Question

• Hi, I've been asked to come here by the @AzureSupport twitter feed. I've been trying to delete a DataLake resource group and am unable to do it. Each time I try I get an "InternalServerError: Internal Server returned InternalServerError" error message. It has a Data Lake Analytics and Data Lake Store associated with it. I've also tried to delete those individually with no luck.

What can I try?

Thanks

Kevin Jones

Sunday, September 18, 2016 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reporting this.

Can you please provide the following information:

1. Name of the ADLA and ADLS account

2. Time when you attempted to delete this

3. Screenshot with the Error message shown in the portal

Thanks,

Amit

Monday, September 19, 2016 7:08 PM
  • Do you want the email address of the account?

That's kevinj@mantiso.com, and the name under the resource group shows as kevinjmantiso

I've tried to delete it today at 10:15 (I'm in the UK so this is BST) and it failed at 11:15 BST

I've attached a snapshot of the error

Thanks

Kevin Jones

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:17 AM
  • We are looking into this and I will post an update. Going forward for faster support, please open a support ticket via the Azure Portal. 
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:14 PM
  • Hi Kevin,

We debugged this issue and noticed a bug. However it will take some time to test and deploy the fix. In the meantime do you want us to delete the accounts? 

Thanks,

Amit

Friday, September 23, 2016 3:58 AM
  • Yes please, if you could delete the resources that would be great,

Kevin

Friday, September 23, 2016 7:02 AM
  • Hi Kevin,

Can you actually please retry the delete from your end and let us know whether it succeeds now? We have removed the issue that was blocking the delete.

Thanks,

Amit

Friday, September 23, 2016 5:27 PM