With technology moving ahead so fast, what's likely to be the fate of our sites that are built on EW4 SP2 because Microsoft will not develop it any further - any ideas? RRS feed

• Question

• I am a bit worried as to what would happen to our sites built on EW4 SP2 now that Microsoft will not develop it any further to keep pace with fast moving technology?

Will our sites meet the future technical requirements on various fronts?

Any thoughts?

• Changed type Maanoj Rakhit Friday, March 29, 2013 2:47 PM So, I may close it
    Friday, March 29, 2013 12:40 PM

Answers

• I'd suggest you go and look at the many posts in December discussing that issue when MS made their announcement about the future of EW. Frankly, I'm not worried about it since I've always used more than on editor on my sites. I'm currently working with a client to redesign and move forward a site originally created years ago using a combination of Expression Web and Dreamweaver using each for what it is best at. Dreamweaver understands the same DWT syntax as Expression Web which helps make it easy to round trip between them.

You can easily extend Expression Web 4 using snippets so that's one way of adding features yourself as well.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

• Marked as answer by Maanoj Rakhit Friday, March 29, 2013 2:47 PM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 2:20 PM

All replies

• I'd suggest you go and look at the many posts in December discussing that issue when MS made their announcement about the future of EW. Frankly, I'm not worried about it since I've always used more than on editor on my sites. I'm currently working with a client to redesign and move forward a site originally created years ago using a combination of Expression Web and Dreamweaver using each for what it is best at. Dreamweaver understands the same DWT syntax as Expression Web which helps make it easy to round trip between them.

You can easily extend Expression Web 4 using snippets so that's one way of adding features yourself as well.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

• Marked as answer by Maanoj Rakhit Friday, March 29, 2013 2:47 PM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 2:20 PM
  • Thank you. I shall look at those posts you mentioned to understand the options better.
    Friday, March 29, 2013 2:27 PM