none
Improvements to the Visual Basic Editor in Excel 360 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have recently upgraded to office 360 and was anxious to see what changes have been done to the VBA developer environment for Excel.

From what I can see it hasn't changed since office 2000, I am correct on this assumption?

Is there any modules/downloads that will update the look and feel to match Visual Studio or equivalent?

Thanks for your response,

Vincent.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 4:46 PM

Answers

• Hi VHalpenny,

No, There is no any kind of modules / downloads that will update the look and feel like visual studio.

It also does not support any kind of themes so that we can change the look.

but sure you can change the Foreground color, Background Color, Indicator Color Fonts, Font Size for text.

To do that Click on Tools Tab -> Options -> Select Editor Format Tab.

Here you can do the settings related Formatting the Text.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by VHalpenny Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2016 2:51 AM

All replies

• Sorry, but the look and feel is the same. It does, however, perform as expected.

Best regards, George

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:14 PM
  • Hi VHalpenny,

No, There is no any kind of modules / downloads that will update the look and feel like visual studio.

It also does not support any kind of themes so that we can change the look.

but sure you can change the Foreground color, Background Color, Indicator Color Fonts, Font Size for text.

To do that Click on Tools Tab -> Options -> Select Editor Format Tab.

Here you can do the settings related Formatting the Text.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by VHalpenny Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2016 2:51 AM
  • Hi Deepak and George,

Thank you for replying.

That was what I thought was the case.

I am currently using a customised font and colour select, which works as best it can.

I had just been hoping for something better.

Thanks,

Vincent.

• Edited by VHalpenny Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:08 AM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:06 AM