none
Kinect v2 No Image received RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys, I did some coding for the first Kinect and received my v2 yesterday.
    I installed Windows8, plugged it in, installed sdk, Visual Studio blablabla.
    It didnt work, except for one stucked infrared Picture (the only one i ever got). I´ve read something about wrong usb 3.0 Controllers, so I checked mine, calculated, that the Controller cant handle the bandwidth of the Kinect and so I bought today a new one (Via v800-q8).
    Now my Kinect works way better, it has no Problems turning it on and off anymore and no error Messages, like: The Device had been stopped, because of Errors.

So now, i happily started again a testprogram of the sdk, it says the Kinect is active, but i don´t get any data, the Screen stays dark. The Mic seems to work, but i don´t geta a colorimage, nor an infrared Image, and for sure no Body data...

I installed it just like Microsoft said (Plug of, no visual studi, install,power in, Kinect in, restart), but whatever I do, i dont get a Picture. Also the infrared light in the middle is working, but the smaller White leds don´t do anything.

I could try checking the kinect on a Laptop (working on a Desktop)

Any recommendations what to do ?

Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:45 AM

Answers

• Keep this in mind. You must release the frame(or dispose in .Net) within the 33ms time slice. If you are having system performance problems, if the runtime detects your application is not behaving correctly, it will stop providing frames.

As you stated, updating drivers is one step, buy you also need to ensure you meet the strict system requirements. USB3 bus must support the 5.0GB/s transfer rates of PCIx v2.0. On the GPU side, Intel 4000 is a minimum, but a recommended would be a discreet AMD or NVIDIA gpu.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, July 21, 2014 8:55 PM

All replies

• Btw. When i start Debugging in Visual Studio, the Frame_received Event never Pops up, It seems like, the Kinect doesnt send any Picture data, or the Kinect doens´t finish them...
    Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:51 AM
  • kk, there was a new Driver for the Via v800, i got it and now i get a depthvideo and a infrared vid, but stil no colorstream. Also the Performance is very bad, Drops up to 0,2 Frames... i´ll try to improve the stability, but i think the via v800 is too weak... (i thought there was something like a Standard for usb 3.0 ).
    Has anyone a list of working usb 3.0 Controllers ? Might help alot of People, as i see there are some others with the same Problem. Thx for reading ! :)
    Saturday, July 19, 2014 12:08 PM
  • I have the same problem with you.

The windows shows the device is working, then I check the Recording Devices, it shows that kinect has been set to Default Device.

It shows that, however actually doesn't work...TAT

Sorry,I can't help you~at least you're not alone, let's wait for others' answers. ;)

Monday, July 21, 2014 8:06 AM
  • hey!I made it!

First make sure your hardware is ok:

Hardware requirements

• 64-bit (x64) processor

• Physical dual-core 3.1 GHz (2 logical cores per physical) or faster processor

• USB 3.0 port dedicated to the Kinect for Windows v2 sensor (Intel and Renesas controllers)

• 2 GB of RAM

• Graphics card that supports DirectX 11 (Intel HD 4000, AMD Radeon HD 6470M, NVIDIA Geforce 610m, AMD Radeon HD 6570)

• Windows or Windows Embedded 8 or 8.1-------from Microsoft

The joggle of USB3.0 is blue~~if not,you can buy a expansion card to fit the USB3.0,but you must make sure your PC has PCI-E. If you have neither of them,you should buy a new pc (So did I TAT). 

Then connect your kinect(....it sounds  awkward..)to your PC, install it(it will finish it by itself)

After that, open the Kinect Studio click 'FILE'------'connect to target'...

OK! Just enjoy yourself~~o(^▽^)o

My english is not very good, please don't mind~
    • Edited by xzysasai Monday, July 21, 2014 11:45 AM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 11:43 AM
  • Keep this in mind. You must release the frame(or dispose in .Net) within the 33ms time slice. If you are having system performance problems, if the runtime detects your application is not behaving correctly, it will stop providing frames.

As you stated, updating drivers is one step, buy you also need to ensure you meet the strict system requirements. USB3 bus must support the 5.0GB/s transfer rates of PCIx v2.0. On the GPU side, Intel 4000 is a minimum, but a recommended would be a discreet AMD or NVIDIA gpu.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, July 21, 2014 8:55 PM