none
Image Control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am generating images from a 3rd party control.  The image according to PaintShop Pro is 6.17in by 6.17in with 200pix per inch.
    The end result will be something where the customer can choose the size.
    When I put an image control on the report and tell it to AutoSize it becomes bigger than the 8.5 by 11 paper.  What is going on here?  The image must be exact as the customer does measurements from the report.

Thanks
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi jhespe11,

The resolution of the image is not taken into account by the image control. Your screen is likely running at 96 DPI (You can check by right clicking your desktop, Properties, Settings, Advanced ... then you shoudl see a combo box with your current DPI setting).

Your image is 1234 pixels wide by 1234 pixels tall. If your screen is running at 96 DPI, that will translate to an image of about 12.854 inches across.

Have you tried setting the Image ReportItem to use Fit sizing (or perhaps FitProportional), then sizing the Image ReportItem itself to the desired size?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:19 PM
  • Yeah, that is my work around.  As this is something that needs to be configurable per user, I was attempting to avoid "Delving" into the XML but I guess it was a given as my report gets more complex.

Thanks for the answer
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:06 PM
  • What is it you are trying to accomplish? It sounds like parameters may be ideal here. You shouldn't need to alter the report's XML.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:31 AM
  • Ah... Never thought of that.  That should work fine. 
    It is a medical report where the DR needs to measure heart beats.
    Thanks for the help
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:24 PM