Having trouble accessing knownfolders

Question

• I started noticing that my app isn't doing what it's suppose to do. So, I downloaded the following sample.

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/File-access-sample-d723e597

Scenario 1 throws an error everytime I try to create a file in the known folder.

An exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: The network path was not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070035)

I should also add that I just reinstalled windows 8.1 on my surface pro 3 fresh from the image provided by MS.  So, I have not changed anything in this system.  All system settings are default.

I should add that

storageFolder.FolderRelativeId.ToString() = "3876847194711B4E\\Pictures"

• Edited by RandyPete Monday, March 30, 2015 7:39 PM
    Monday, March 30, 2015 7:35 PM

All replies

• I would recommend that you update both your Windows 8.1 and Visual Studio to the latest update available since you mentioned that this is a new install.

Abdulwahab Suleiman

Monday, March 30, 2015 11:37 PM
  • Already did. I'm uptodate. What I meant was I did not change any system setting.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 12:51 AM
  • It's not exactly clear why this is happening on your machine. It works fine for me on VS 2013 Update 3/4.

1) Since this sample is a universal app, does the issue happen on both Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone app?

2) Have you tried launching VS as an administrator, did it help?

3) What version of VS are you running?

Abdulwahab Suleiman

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:01 AM