ACCESS SYSTEM RESOURCE EXCEEDED RRS feed

• Question

• User746201200 posted

Hi,

We have a web site on customer server. It is being locked every 2 or 3 months. I posted this subject before.

For understanding the error I created a log file. When the server locked I look the log file and saw "system resource exceeded" error message. Have you any idea about this error.. When restarting the server it continue...Please help.... 

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:15 AM

Answers

• User1957418580 posted

This might be a better question for the Access forums, but I did some research here, and there is a known problem with Borland Database Engine and dbase drivers leaking memeory and can cause the error message. If you follow the steps in this arcticle, you can tell jet not to use the borland driver and always use ISAM:

307455 How to control whether Access loads the Borland Data Engine (BDE)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307455

Also, you may have run out of room on the system for temporary files .  Check the amount of free space on the disk where the database resides (may be local or network) to confirm issue.

If this doesn't help, can you post the full error, the version of Access, the version of IIS, and your connectionstring so we can get a better idea of your environment?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:34 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

Sounds like you have a memory leak. Are you making sure to close and dispose of database connections?

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:29 AM
  • User746201200 posted

Yes I am sure. I think If there was an unclosed connection, it would give this error everyday? Our database processes are in a one class, we are closing all connections in finally part of each function ??? Also, when the system locked, there was 24 people connected to web.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:17 AM
  • User-821857111 posted

Could it be this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918814? Or are you using ODBC (a DSN perhaps) to connect?

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:41 AM
  • User746201200 posted

No, we are not using ODBC. I looked this link and looked into our queries but there is no complex query, maximum where part contains 6-7 part

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:34 AM
  • User1957418580 posted

This might be a better question for the Access forums, but I did some research here, and there is a known problem with Borland Database Engine and dbase drivers leaking memeory and can cause the error message. If you follow the steps in this arcticle, you can tell jet not to use the borland driver and always use ISAM:

307455 How to control whether Access loads the Borland Data Engine (BDE)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307455

Also, you may have run out of room on the system for temporary files .  Check the amount of free space on the disk where the database resides (may be local or network) to confirm issue.

If this doesn't help, can you post the full error, the version of Access, the version of IIS, and your connectionstring so we can get a better idea of your environment?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:34 AM