none
what happens to computer if .NET Framework 1.1 needs to be reinstalled RRS feed

• Question

•  

In my add or remove programd it says I need to repair the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, Okay I get I need to repair it but what I don't get is what happens to your computer if you don't repair it? Also what is the purpose of this .NET Framework?
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:00 PM

Answers

•  

.NET Framework gives support for applications built in C#, vc++ and j#.

you can think it of like a bunch of files which support different applications.

are you also seeing .NET Framework 2.0 on your computer ?? if you are seeing it

then its next version of .NET Framework.

I guess it will be a good idea to repair 1.1 because if you try to install some application which use .NET Framework 1.1

then it won't work due to bad .net framework 1.1 but if you choose not to repair it then its not a big deal unless you are a programmer.

Regards

Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:58 PM

All replies

•  

.NET Framework gives support for applications built in C#, vc++ and j#.

you can think it of like a bunch of files which support different applications.

are you also seeing .NET Framework 2.0 on your computer ?? if you are seeing it

then its next version of .NET Framework.

I guess it will be a good idea to repair 1.1 because if you try to install some application which use .NET Framework 1.1

then it won't work due to bad .net framework 1.1 but if you choose not to repair it then its not a big deal unless you are a programmer.

Regards

Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:58 PM
  • Thanks I had no idea what it was so I think I really don't need it. Thanks

Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:20 PM