none
undo causes zoom on the design surface, how to you unzoom??? RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to undo something with CTRL-Z or ALT-Backspace in Expression Web 4 it appears to undo the thing I did but then bizarrely the design surface zooms in so I can't see the whole page anymore and I can't find any way to unzoom it.

What behavior is this?  Why?  And how do you control zoom when editing a page?

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 9:10 AM

All replies

• It would be pretty hard to tell you how to stop that behavior when that behavior does not exist for me. EW doesn't have a "zoom" function in Design View. The closest thing to it isn't zoom, but page size (which does not change the size of text, etc.), and that function is not undone by Ctrl-Z.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - ASP.NET applications

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 9:56 PM
  • I have a tablet PC as well, it's not a surface, but I just got the same problem! When I hit Crtl-Z, particularly when using Microsoft One Note, it zooms in and I keep having to go back and readjust it. I have NO clue what's going on with it. I think it's a Windows thing, maybe caused by hitting some combination of buttons and enabling some weird feature 
    Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:26 AM
  • The OP was using "surface" as a description of the EW Design window, not a reference to a Surface tablet. :)

I do have a Surface tablet, and there is no CTRL-Z zoom effect, but if your tablet does, perhaps the OP is also using a computer that has CTRL-Z mapped to something else.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - ASP.NET applications

Thursday, March 24, 2016 6:21 AM