none
Are Storage Accounts (Gen v2) with Hierarchical namespaces supported by Microsoft Azure Storage SDK for .NET (9.4.2)?

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to check if the Microsoft Azure Storage SDK for .NET (9.4.2) can be used against Azure Storage Accounts (Gen v2) with Hierarchical namespaces enabled?  I get the following error "Blob API is not yet supported for hierarchical namespace accounts"  But yet, the latest Azure Storage Explorer allows me to add this storage account and add containers/blobs etc.

We are keen to use Data Lake Gen2 with existing product that uses Blob Storage API, preferably with no code changes. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

Prasad 

Friday, February 15, 2019 1:28 AM

All replies

• Hello Prasad,

Thanks for posting here !

Blob Storage APIs and Azure Data Lake Gen2 APIs aren't interoperable with each other.

Blob storage APIs aren't yet available to Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 accounts.

These APIs are disabled to prevent inadvertent data access issues that could arise because Blob Storage APIs aren't yet interoperable with Azure Data Lake Gen2 APIs.

Please refer the article here for Known issues with Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2. Hope this helps you !

Friday, February 15, 2019 8:10 AM
  • @Prasad, Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:19 AM