Windows Phone 8 App in the Store, Universal App ready for Desktop/Tablets NOT for Phones. How do I publish this? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have made a Windows Phone App (Targetting Windows Phone 8+) for my Company that is in the store and doing well. In the last month I started working on a Windows 10 Universal App that is now ready to be released on Desktop and Tablets only. It has less features than the phone app and will take a few more month of developement to replace the more feature rich phone version.

What i want to do now is:

Publish the new not-yet-quite universal app on Desktops and Tablets but keep the phone app as it is. I also need them to have quite different descriptions. How can i publish the App now for Desktops and Tablets and later, when all the features are there, replace the windows phone app with the universal app for windows 10 phones?

As of now, Microsoft Chat support is offline and I worked quite hard to be ready to release today, yet i can't find any documentation on how to do that. 

Can you help me?

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:38 PM

All replies

• You can simply create a new submission of your existing WP app, and upload new Win10 package (submission will already have your published WP80 package). Then just provide required metadata and submit with those two packages (one for WP80 (existing one) + one for Win10 (new one)). Once you will publish that submission (assuming it will pass certification), WP8X users will still get the existing WP80 package ... while Win10 users will start getting Win10 package.

thanks, palash biswas [MSFT]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 5:22 AM